Sunday, September 1, 2013

Best Places to Retire 2013

This post is the compilation of my personal research and analysis. My wife and I currently live in St. George, Utah, but are looking for a change.

While St. George has many pluses, we are seeking a new retirement town that would result in:

1. A generally milder climate year round.
2. More and better access modern culture, exercise and recreation opportunities.
3. A larger, more sophisticated population to support our Organic/Healthy living business endeavors.
4. Reasonably Low cost of living especially for housing.

Forbes offers their top 25 places to retire in 2013 HERE

Of the large cities, I am most curious about Austin and San Antonio, Texas.
Other Forbes suggestions that pique my interest are Asheville, NC, and various Florida locations like Fort Meyers. South Carolina may hold some positive surprises as well.



I would sure appreciate to hear comments, pros and cons of my 3 picks, and/or hear about your top picks.

Best Wishes, Dave and Irina.